Monday, December 15, 2008

Grandfather Clock



"That clock inspired me to design and build my own original, one-of-a-kind grandfather clock with a changing moon-phase face. Other pieces of cabinetry followed, all in the latter ‘80s and early ‘90s, and were given to my children and grandchildren: a two-drawer oak filing cabinet, a bleached oak coffee table, a plain oak coffee table, a wooden-hinged lap desk, a cherry whatnot shelf, and an exact replica of an antique family heirloom secretary desk (the original was built ca. 1880 and belonged to my father’s family)."

"While living in Danbury, Connecticut, and Fort Myers, Florida, I did more woodworking and glass crafting as gifts for friends and family: two stained glass window hangings, picture frames, a stool, a wooden carrying case, an elaborate spice cabinet, and a green wall clock."

.

No comments:

Post a Comment